UL Power light aircraft engines. The truly modern engines feature FADEC (full authority digital engine control) with multi-point electronic fuel injection, and dual electronic ignition (with variable timing), excellent power-to-weight ratio, and high fuel efficiency in a conventional configuration: Air-cooled, direct drive, horizontally opposed four-cylinder.
UL Power Engines have been developed specifically for use in light aircraft and are manufactured to the highest standards with fully electronic ignition and multi-point fuel injection (FADEC) system as standard equipment.
The design of this new line of engines was based around critical issues such as reliability, light weight, excellent performance, a direct propeller drive and modern, proven technology.
- Modern Technology four-stroke, air cooled, four-cylinder opposed engine
- Dual (redundant) electronic spark ignition (variable timing)
- Multi-point electronic fuel injection with automatic altitude and temperature compensation
- Electronic RPM limiter
- Direct propeller drive
- Wet sump forced lubrication with integrated pressure regulator
- 5 bearing crankshaft with thrust ball bearing
- Ram air cooled cylinders and cylinder heads
- High fuel efficiency
- No carburetor icing problems
- Excellent power to weight ratio
- Electric fuel pump and pressure regulator to eliminate vapor lock and facilitate starting even under adverse conditions.